Experienced strategic marketer/communicator, accomplished within lifestyle consumer goods, with a passion for directing sales-driving commercial concepts internationally & the dexterity to navigate the intense, action-packed position
Directing: overseeing & directing all domestic & international commercial activities, teams & budgeting, in line with the Simris Brand & Communication platforms.
Executing: overseeing the execution of the Simris Communication plan, coordinating & managing the right talents towards achieving goals
- Brand direction
- Simris’ award winning in-house PR & Communication continuity
- Strategic marketing direction & coordination
- Online presence & performance direction & supervision
As interim Commercial Director at Simris you will continue the work of establishing our up-and-coming lifestyle brand as a point of reference for commercial success among the wellness and food supplements industries.
You will be sharing your expertise and directing your teams in line with the company’s predefined communication, branding and commercial strategies. You have outstanding communication skills and a strong grip of all things “branding” and “positioning”, according to consumer behaviour principles. No vision is “too ambitious” for you and no detail “too small” - you get things done and take care of everything to ensure success in a fast-paced work environment.
You will be part of the company’s executive team, leading the Simris Commercial team (Marketing, PR, Digital & E-commerce). You will work closely with the Sales Director, Operations Director & their respective teams, as well as with external consultants. You will be based in Stockholm and report directly to the CEO.
WHAT WE OFFER
On top of the perks and benefits that Team Simris members enjoy, you will be given the exciting opportunity to be a crucial part of one of the most creative phases within the early stages of Simris history. Simris has been enjoying steady growth and you will love being part of building a commercially successful global brand and establishing a unique business internationally.
The position is covering for parental leave and your contract will last for a minimum of 12 months. As Simris is growing in a steady fast pace, we are open to you who has the ambition and will prove has the skills to remain a Team Simris member, even after termination of the interim assignment.
Recruitment is ongoing and we are ready for you to start straight away. Submit your application in English here!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Direction & Organisation
- Direct and oversee the implementation of Simris’ predefined commercial strategies according to the company’s goals and objectives, domestically and internationally
- Secure that Brand integrity is maintained throughout the company’s commercial, sales and product development activities
- Oversee that global expansion related activities are executed in line with the Simris Brand and Communication guidelines
- Direct the strategic positioning of the Simris Brand, products and business
- Keep ahead of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to the commercial and sales teams
- Identify and/or respond to new commercial opportunities and manage marketing efforts towards them
- Plan for, direct and implement all of Simris’ marketing activities and strategies
- Plan for, direct and implement all elements of Simris Communication, internal and external, according to the Simris Communication plan
- Direct and oversee the development of the Digital and E-commerce department and its activities
- Lead, manage and coordinate your teams towards the company’s goals and objectives
- Ensure collaboration and open-route communication between the marketing, digital and sales teams
- Ownership and management of the company’s commercial budget
Communication & PR
You will be directing and overseeing all elements of Simris internal and external Communication and PR, from big to small (strategy implementation, content creation, language usage, visuals, art direction, communication channels, press appearances, etc) while securing that all Brand guidelines are being met.
- Strategic communication, campaigning and spokesperson management
- Coordination with Investors Relations communication team
- Consistent assistance to Sales and any communication needs they have
- Manage external consultants to execute sales- and awareness-driving PR, according to the Simris communication plan
- Help ensure that the Simris Soul (philosophy, mission, vision, brand etc) are applied and practiced throughout the organisation and its internal communication
- Assure consistent communication of the Simris Brand and positioning throughout the organisation and externally
- Oversee and direct all content and copy creation for internal & external Communication. A strong eye for writing, editing, proofreading, layouting and design, including an ability to present concepts verbally will be crucial
- Ensure that all elements of external communication (visual, voice tonality, messaging adjusted according to audience, etc) are met
Full ownership and management of the company’s Marketing, requiring a thorough understanding of marketing processes from big to small, and the adeptness to manage their execution while respecting predefined strategies.
- Promotional activities
- Marketing productions (print, written content, brand paraphernalia, etc)
- Production & development of merchandising concepts
- Standard marketing activities (events, trade show participation, etc)
- Agency management
- Campaign management
- Constant assistance to Sales in any of their arising needs
You will oversee and direct the set up of the necessary systems and platforms in order to drive traffic and deliver truly exceptional brand and customer experience for Simris online, while supporting significant sales growth.
- Oversee, monitor and direct the online presence & performance of Simris
- Oversee the management and performance of all Simris digital properties (social media, homepage, e-commerce platform, etc)
- Respond to web development management needs as they arise
- 7+ years of proven, extensive and relevant experience in a similar strategic marketing role
- University degree within marketing/communication/strategic marketing/international strategic marketing or similar
- Experience working with B2C marketing of end-consumer products is mandatory
- Passion for working with lifestyle brands (ex. fashion industry, high-end cosmetics, interior design goods, accessories, jewellery, etc)
- Strong international mindset, ability to think big and plan big, and skills to execute plans and activities big or small
- You are a confident communicator and presenter, highly articulate, with excellent written communication and presentation skills
- You have either “been there, done that” yourself or have been around enough to know and manage the execution of the nitty-gritty of all things Marketing
- You are a grounded manager, skilled at managing talents towards goals
- Excellent and proven planning and project management skills. Critical ability to prioritise amidst intensity
- Ability to be analytical, connecting dots and applying consumer insights
- You are decisive, energetic and value-driven, with an agile skillset suitable for an entrepreneurial and fast-growing company
- You value aesthetics very highly and you have a sharp eye for consumer trends. You love fashion and understand pop culture.
- You have a close eye for detail, and ensuring consistency runs in your blood
- Experience working with IR communication and/or being comfortable with speaking to Press a bonus
- Excellent English language skills are mandatory, basic knowledge of Swedish a (non-mandatory) bonus